- Filed Under
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, USA WEEKEND CARIBBEAN CRUISE SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of USA WEEKEND Magazine (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin 9:30 a.m. (E.T.) Friday, August 17, 2012, and end at 8:01 p.m. (E.T.) on Thursday, September 20, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Enter by visiting the Sweepstakes official online entry form and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SEND” button. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor.
Maximum one (1) entry per person. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.” All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to be held on or about September 21, 2012.
5. Prizes and Odds. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): ONE (1) PRIZE: a Caribbean cruise on MSC Cruises for 7-nights for 2 people including stateroom, meals, and entertainment. The cruise will be a Balcony stateroom for 2 people on a MSC Cruises Caribbean cruise which sails during the winter seasons and this can be used for 2012-2013 and also 2013-2014 seasons as per winner preference.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Certain sailings are restricted and limited booking windows do apply. This is based on space available at time of request for confirmation of space. Any transportation not stated, gratuities, government fees, taxes, fuel surcharges, pre and post accommodations, and incidentals not stated here are not included. The confirmation of sailing date and stateroom assignment are at the discretion of MSC Cruises. Status of confirmation dates requested will be determined 45 days prior to departure. Winner and guest must travel together and are responsible for obtaining all passports and necessary travel documents along with baggage fees, airline taxes, and anything else not stated here.
Winner and guest must travel together on the same airline and air itinerary. Air carrier will be at the discretion of the prize provider and be from a major gateway city as chosen by prize provider. If overnight stay(s) is required, the winner will be responsible for providing their own hotel. Air tickets do not include luggage fees, meals, fuel surcharges, airline taxes, or other expenses not mentioned here which are sole responsible of winner. The value of the prize is approximately $4,500. The trip prize cannot be reassigned or redeemed for cash.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about September 21, 2012, at the telephone number, email address and/or U.S. Mail address provided on winner’s entry form. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of personal delivery or date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. USA WEEKEND CARIBBEAN CRUISE SWEEPSTAKES is sponsored by USA WEEKEND Magazine. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after September 21, 2012), or a copy of these Official Rules, visit usaweekend.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), USA WEEKEND CARIBBEAN CRUISE SWEEPSTAKES, 7950 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA 22107. If you have any questions regarding this USA WEEKEND Sweepstakes, please contact us: by phone, Kara Sirmans, (703) 854-3257 or by mail, attention: Caribbean Cruise Sweepstakes, USA WEEKEND Magazine, 7950 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA 22107.