Stay healthy with Mindy Kaling's favorite green smoothie. / www.kimberlysnyder.net
Mindy Kaling serves this to her staff to try to help them stay healthy. The green smoothie recipe comes from Kimberly Snyder’s blog.
Yield: 64 ounces, 2-4 servings. To make only 1 serving, cut out one of the fruits and the celery.
• 1 ˝- 2 cups very cold, filtered water
• 6 cups spinach, chopped
• 5 cups organic romaine lettuce, chopped
• 2 stalks of organic celery
• 1 organic apple, cored and chopped
• 1 organic pear, cored and chopped
• 1 organic banana
• 1–2 Tbs. fresh organic lemon juice
• Ice cubes (the extra coldness can help newbies with the taste)
• 1/2 cup of organic cilantro
• 1/2 cup of organic parsley
Add water, spinach and chopped romaine to the blender. Starting the blender on a low speed; mix until smooth.
Gradually move to higher speeds and add the herbs, celery, pear, and apple. Add the banana and lemon juice last.