Trisha Yearwood's Roasted Vegetables recipe. / Renee Comet / USA WEEKEND
Roasted Harvest Vegetables
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup vegetable broth
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. pepper
• 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1/2 pound brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
• 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise, quartered if large
• 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large jelly roll pan with aluminum foil.
In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, broth, salt and pepper and then toss with the mixed vegetables to coat. Drain and save the remaining broth mixture, then spread the vegetables on the jelly roll pan.
Pour the reserved broth mixture over the vegetables. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
Yield: 10 servings
Per serving (1 cup): 95 calories, 11g carbohydrates, 2g protein, 6g fat (3g saturated), 2g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium
Recipe courtesy of Trisha Yearwood.